Monday, December 18, 2017

LTI Testimonial - Kristen Hamill, CPRP



Recreation Program Supervisor
Newport News Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Past VRPS Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Co-Chair
2018 LTI Committee Member

In 2010 my supervisor encouraged me to attend LTI.  I decided to attend and loved every minute of my time on the mountain.  I met many new people in our field and was able to learn many different team building skills and different ways to lead.  I had so much fun I attended again in 2012 and then decided I would like to serve on the committee.  I was accepted as a member of the planning committee and have been involved in the 2014, 2016 and now the 2018 institute.  I have served as secretary and co-chair during my time on the committee.  During my time on the committee I was promoted twice at work.  If you have ever wondered if attending LTI would help you have better chances at promotions, I feel I am an example that it can.  LTI is a great opportunity to meet new people and learn about yourself and your style of leading.  If you are debating attending the 2018 institute, I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment