The 60th Annual VRPS Annual Conference takes place this year Saturday, December 6 - Tuesday, December 9. One of the most-anticipated events, no doubt, is the Ugly Sweater Welcome Social on Saturday from 8-10pm, sponsored by the VRPS Western Service Area.
So, in preparation, one might ponder as to where to procure an "ugly sweater". This VRPS blogger did a little research, and found an excellent resource in Central Office's own Lori Haislip. Lori is a former Ugly Sweater Winner herself, as well as a proficient ugly sweater shopper. She offers these tips:
- Shop Goodwill, Salvation Army, or any thrift store.
- Yard sales work too; just don't spend a lot.
- Don't overlook vests - they are more likely to fit.
- Look for "ugly" components, to include:
- Cheap fabric
- Loud colors
- Dated patterns
- Appliques and funky embroidery work
- Teddy bears, bunny rabbits, and other equally quirky and age-inappropriate garb
Additional tips to follow:
- MEN, look in the ladies' sections
- Use caution: one person's "ugly" is another's treasure....